[Zope] ZEO with Multiple Storages

Jonathan dev101 at magma.ca
Thu Sep 14 09:31:06 EDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jens Vagelpohl" <jens at dataflake.org>
To: "[Zope] List Mailing" <zope at zope.org>
Sent: Thursday, September 14, 2006 9:21 AM
Subject: Re: [Zope] ZEO with Multiple Storages

> On 14 Sep 2006, at 13:56, Jonathan wrote:
>
>> Yes: a single zeo server can deal with multiple storages (ie. a  storage
>> can contain mount points to other storages)
>
> That's misleading wording, a storage knows nothing at all about  mounts.
> The storage server can't do anything except for reading from  and writing
> to ZODB databases. Mounting is a client concept only.

I didn't say that the storage 'knew' anything about mount points.  I simply
stated that a storage can contain mount points to other storages (storages
contain objects, if one of those objects happens to be a mount point to
another storage the storage containing the 'mount point' object doesn't
care).

So the wording is not misleading (if the storage doesn't contain the mount
point object, where is it stored?)

Jonathan