[Zope] ZEO with Multiple Storages

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Thu Sep 14 13:25:14 EDT 2006

Jens Vagelpohl wrote at 2006-9-14 15:50 +0200:

>>> That's misleading wording, a storage knows nothing at all about
>>> mounts. The storage server can't do anything except for reading
>>> from  and writing to ZODB databases. Mounting is a client concept
>>> only.
>>
>> P.S.  Or is the mount point  totally controlled by zope.conf and
>> nothing relating to the 'mount point' is stored in the storage?
>
>You got it.

I am not sure about the most recent Zope/ZODB versions.

But, up to Zope 2.8/ZODB 3.4, Jonathan was right:

  Beside configuration, there have been MountPoint objects
  in the ZODB that handled the mounting magic.

  While not completely impossible, I would be very surprised if the need
  for MountPoint objects were dropped in newer Zope versions...

--
Dieter