[Zope] Simple high-level question - mabye about WEBDAV?

Chris McDonough chrism at plope.com
Thu Sep 14 14:00:23 EDT 2006

How does it not work?

Webfolders doesn't allow setting permissions on folders or files on a
share.  You'll need to do this through Zope's security interface via
a browser.

I suspect the situation is this: you will likely need a need a
content management or a fat client or both if you want users to be
able to manage security via a "normal" (nothing really normal about
it, IMO, but...) Explorer window.

Zope has a completely different security model than either UNIX or
Windows, so something needs to map its notion of security to the
client's.  Plain-old-webfolders won't help here.

I wonder why you don't just use a Windows share here?  What does Zope
give you that it wouldn't in this case?

- C