[Zope] VirtualHost 403 Forbidden. Help!!

Jonathan dev101 at magma.ca
Thu Sep 21 10:34:02 EDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ferhat Ayaz" <ferhatayaz at yahoo.com>
To: <zope at zope.org>
Sent: Thursday, September 21, 2006 10:20 AM
Subject: [Zope] VirtualHost 403 Forbidden. Help!!

> Hi,
>
> I read every doc I found. But the server reports
> always 403 on konfiguring an APache VirtualHost on my
> Zope Instance on the same machine. Here my sniplet
> from apache2.conf (also known as httpd.conf)
>

> <VirtualHost journal.homelinux.net:80>
>       ServerName journal.homelinux.net
>       ServerAdmin myemail at yahoo.com
>       RewriteEngine On
>       RewriteRule ^/(.*)
> http://localhost:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/journal.homelinux.net:80/VirtualHostRoot/$1
> [P,L]
>
>       ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/journal-error_log
>       TransferLog /var/log/apache2/journal-access_log
> </VirtualHost>
>

> I tryed many other variants to point to the VH
> Monster.
> The result is always:
>
> Forbidden
>
> You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Is your nameserver configured to allow access to journal.homelinux.net?
(look at /etc/named.conf  and the associated db entry in /etc/named)

Can you get to a simple directory on your server?  (ie. change the rewrite
rule so that it points at a directory on your server - create a simple
index.html file in the associated htdocs subdirectory)

Jonathan