[Zope] Re: VirtualHost 403 Forbidden. Help!!

Maik Ihde mail at ihde.info
Fri Sep 22 02:53:38 EDT 2006

Ferhat Ayaz <ferhatayaz at ...> writes:

> I'm now able to access the server. with allowing
> access from all IPs. But is this the regular way to do
> VirtualHosting with Zope??

Yes, since you do want everyone in the world to access your site. Of course, you
do not want to have an open proxy, so ProxyRequests must be switched "off" with
this setup (which should be default...). Most people use Apache (sometimes in
combination with Squid-Proxy) as a Frontend for Zope Servers, so this is the
regular way for Production Environments.

Please take the time and read
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/mod_proxy.html to figure out the basics.

> Here the solution (!?)
>
>         <Proxy *>
>                 Allow from all
>         </Proxy>

In your previous Setup you disallowed anone to access your Proxy, that's why you
got all the 403s. Btw that was an Apache Error Message and hat nothing to do
with Zope.

Kind Regards
Maik