[Zope] which operating system quandry

Perry Smith pedz at easesoftware.com
Sat Sep 30 08:59:56 EDT 2006

On Sep 30, 2006, at 3:10 AM, Andreas Jung wrote:
> --On 29. September 2006 15:05:06 -0700 David Bear
> <David.Bear at asu.edu> wrote:
>
>> I know it has been asked many times which os is best for zope, I have
>> ...snip
>> smoothly?
>
> Don't depend on packages. It is the safest way to use the source code
> distributions. The sources code distro is recommended and
> supported. In case of packages you depend often on a single
> maintainer.

I was wondering... I'm an old AIX guy and I never pick up pre-
compiled versions of software because the guy who compiles it often
has choices and his choices are not what I want.  So I just pick up
and compile what I want/need.  That practice has propagated over to
Mac OS X where I do most of my "home" work now.

Perry Smith
Ease Software, Inc.
pedz at easesoftware.com
http://www.easesoftware.com

SATA Products for IBMs RS/6000, pSeries, and AIX systems