[Zope] Simple ZODB Search and Edit

Peppe Top peppetop at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 05:01:39 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I'm new to Zope and I'm reading through a few tutorials
and the Zope book. I need to do a text string search on
a ZODB and I need to know which objects contain the string.

Example: I have a site running up, and I need to know
where my mail is mentioned, so I can edit each object
and update the mail. (I think using ZMI)

>From the documentation I think that ZCatalog might do
the trick, but I'm not sure it's the easier solution.

Am I on the right path?

Can you get me started?

I just need a fixed string search, returning the name
(maybe the path too) of the object inside the ZODB, so
I can later edit.

Is ZMI the right tool to do simple editing?

Also is ZCatalog already included in Zope, or do I need
to install it?

Thanks a lot for your time
-- Peppe