[Zope] Export fails

Christian Schaffer christian.schaffer at muenchen.de
Tue Aug 7 02:50:20 EDT 2007

Hello Andreas,
hello list,

>> Hello Andreas,
>> hi list,
>>
>> unfortunately, the zexp-file does not contain any of the children
>> objects.
> How will you know that when your import fails? And export operation
> always exports always the object including its whole subtree (if the
> object is an folder). So basically I would not believe that what
> you're saying.
The object, I?d like to export is a folder. At least, it shows up with
the corresponding icon. In the navigation frame on the left, the folder
is visible with a "+" in front of the symbol. Clicking the "+" uncovers
a list of sub-objects.
Puzzling is that selecting the folder or one of the sub-objects by
clicking it, the content is viewed at once, not the "manage_workspace" view.

>> Re-importing the zexp-file leads to the following error:
>>
>> Site Error
>> An error was encountered while publishing this resource.
>> Error Type: AttributeError
>> Error Value: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'id'
>>
> You must provide the _full_ traceback.
I hope this is the traceback you requested:
------
2007-08-07T08:40:13 ERROR Zope.SiteErrorLog
http://genesis:9080/manage_importObject
Traceback (innermost last):
Module OFS.ObjectManager, line 586, in manage_importObject
Module OFS.ObjectManager, line 605, in _importObjectFromFile
Module OFS.CopySupport, line 476, in _verifyObjectPaste
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'id'

Thanks so much for your patience and for helping me.
Best regards,
Chris