[Zope] Re: _p_resolveConflict not called on conflict

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Thu Aug 9 04:25:03 EDT 2007

Martijn Pieters wrote:
> That's what he's saying, yes. ClientStorage is a proxy for the
> storages in the ZEO server, and it cannot know what features those
> storages support. It therefore doesn't know anything about conflict
> resolution.

Indeed, but it's still a storage, there's no reason for it not to do
conflict resolution itself. I thought it did ;-)

Wouldn't it be beneficial if it *did* do conflict resolution?
(afterall, if the conflict can be resolved on the client, why go all the
way to the storage server to do the conflict resolution there?)

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk