[Zope] Re: _p_resolveConflict not called on conflict

Martijn Pieters mj at zopatista.com
Fri Aug 10 09:53:52 EDT 2007

On 8/10/07, Chris Withers <chris at simplistix.co.uk> wrote:
> > It's not a storage at all.
>
> Really? I'm pretty sure it implements the relevent storage interfaces
> otherwise it wouldn't slot in the place of FileStorage...

Just because it implements the interface doesn't make it a storage.
It's a stub, a proxy, it passes on
> That stub *could* do conflict resolution for client-side connects, I
> thought it did, but it looks like it doesn't.

How can it? It doesn't have the necessary context.

> I'm only talking about having ClientStorage resolve conflict between the
> threads of that client, not about propagating conflicts between clients,
> that *would* be nuts ;-)

But it's the only option the ClientStorage has, as it has no clue
about conflicts. Only the ZEO server holds enough context for that,
AFAICT.

--
Martijn Pieters