[Zope] debugging memory exhaustion

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Tue Aug 14 16:10:34 EDT 2007

Chris Withers wrote at 2007-8-14 08:22 +0100:
>Dieter Maurer wrote:
>>   Then, you use the "ZServer.medusa.monitor_client[_win32]"
>>   to connect to your monitor server.
>
>Where/what is this?

You do not understand Python's package notation?
Unbelievable...

Think about it, you will get it ;-)

>>   You use
>>
>>       "from Zope2 import app; app=app()"
>>
>>   and you have an "app" object -- similar to "bin/zopectl debug".
>
>Very cool as I'm guessing you can use the usual python threadish stuff
>to haev a look at what all the other processes are doing?

It depends what you mean by "threadish stuff".

You can use "threadframe" (the extension behind "DeadlockDebugger")
to see the tracebacks of all Python threads.

However, you cannot do much more with the other threads (not to speak
about "processes", at all).

--
Dieter