[Zope] Why doesn't os.system(command) work?

Reinoud van Leeuwen reinoud.v at n.leeuwen.net
Fri Aug 17 03:58:38 EDT 2007

On Thu, Aug 16, 2007 at 10:40:45PM -0700, rieh25 wrote:

> I think it's finding the programm because I'm using the complete path. And
> when I test it using the wrong programm name, it returns a 1. But instead,
> when I pass it the right name, it just hangs. In the task manager there is
> an entry for the program, but it doesn't seem to execute. Thanks for the
> help.

How is your Zope running? If it is running as a system service it has
nothing to do with the current logged on user that has a desktop open. So
Windows will not show notepad on the desktop...
The question is: what is the problem you are trying to solve with this?
Why should the webserver open a notepad? Try playing with a commandline
program that does something usefull but does not need interaction (a batch
file or something like that)

"Nothing is as subjective as reality"
Reinoud van Leeuwen    reinoud.v at n.leeuwen.net
http://www.xs4all.nl/~reinoud