[Zope] How do I eval a variable within the acquisition path?

Tim Nash thedagdae at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 21:10:51 EDT 2007

Thank you, that is cool but it isn't what I was looking for. My fault.
It is hard to describe. This may be called an indirect variable
reference.

I want the form to ask for the type of animal (hippo? giraffe?) and
send it to a python script. No problem here. I can write the form and
most of the script that is called. But this is where I have the
problem.

The python script will use the name of the animal to go down into the
proper folder and call vaccinateplan() on all the items in that
folder. The key line in the python script is:

print context.Vet.category.animal.vaccinateplan()

That runs the vaccinateplan script on the folder which has a folder id
of either 'hippo' or 'girafee'. And it is in the folder named by the
variable category and in the folder named 'Vet'

There is no folder with the id of 'category' or 'animal'

I'm sorry my explanations are not clear. And I shouldn't have used the
hippo and girafee example from the zope book because that is doing
something a little different. Below is the directory structure I am
thinking of.
Thanks!
Tim

vet