[Zope] Re: ZPL and GPL: What should one consider when choosing a license?

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Sat Dec 22 15:01:17 EST 2007

Tres Seaver wrote:

> Rehashing GPL vs ZPL is off topic here, because the ZPL is the
> *mandated* license for any code contributed into the zope.org
> repository:  that choice is not subject to debate.

And similarly, Plone core (at the very least, the CMFPlone package and
the plone.app.* namespace, but probably some or all other things too)
are mandated by the Plone Foundation to be GPL licensed.

I personally prefer plone.* packages (which are more re-usable) to be
LGPL or ZPL licensed so as to encourage re-use, but AFAIK there's never
been a clear position on this, which is unfortunate.

Martin