[Zope] Florent Guillaume's database Conflict Error on session objects patch not working ?

yacine chaouche yacinechaouche at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 08:39:58 EST 2007

Hi all,

As discussed  here :
http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope/2007-January/170151.html
and continued here :
http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope/2007-January/170156.html

I am experiencing issues regarding a database ConflictError on session objects.

I use zope 2.9.0 python 2.4.2, and the code of the MultiDB support has
been patched (as suggested by Florent Guillaume)
http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zodb-dev/2006-January/009737.html

My main concern is to debug my application where, on every couple of
requests coming from two different browsers at the same time (before
the first request is , one of them wins and the other always fails and
raises a conflict error. It is not a ReadConflictError, nor a
WriteConflictError. It is a "ConflictError: database conflict error".
I am aware that conflicts occure up to 20% of the time, but in my case
it is almost 100% in this specific situation !

If I do not use the session object in my code, I have no errors at all
and everything just goes fine.

Any idea on how to debug this ? Florent, maybe ?  someone help me ! I
am stuck on this for 2 weeks now.

NOTE : I do not use Zeo, nor frames.

Thanks,

Y.Chaouche