[Zope] cpu load 99 percent a lot in plone evinironment

Sunil_Sagar at external.mckinsey.com Sunil_Sagar at external.mckinsey.com
Tue Feb 6 02:58:13 EST 2007

Hi Marko,

Let me know databse size of your plone environment(server) .

Marko Kruijer <marko at mm-pro.nl>
Sent by: zope-bounces at zope.org
02/05/2007 06:50 PM

zope at zope.org
cc

Subject
[Zope] cpu load 99 percent a lot in plone evinironment

We are running a seperate zope instance that contains a number of plone
portal.
Zope version 2.8.2 plone version 2.1.1  python 2.3.5

since a few weeks the instance 'hangs', When i check the processes
usually python is at 99%, but i've also had time where zope was not
responding but the server load was almost zero (deadlocking ?).
I've installed deadlockdebugger and there are some entries of 'slow'
pages in there, but i've checked these pages and they do not contain any
'big' queries or possible slow processes.

The page loops over a results set from mysql, this set contains 400 -
500 results.
I've noticed that if it loops over 500 results instead of i.e. 20 the
page takes almost 3 to 4 seconds longer to load.

I've never seen this kind of behaviour before (i have seen it with bad
queries and such, but thats not the case here).

Will a zope update possibly solve this problem, or can someone inform me
about the deadlockdebugger output and HOW is should read it?

Obiplein 6-10
NL-1094 RB               T +31 (0)20 462 4910
F +31 (0)20 462 4919             M +31 (0)62 666 8489
E marko at mm-pro.nl

w w w . m u l t i m e d i a - p r o f e s s i o n a l s . n l

Zope maillist  -  Zope at zope.org
(Related lists -

information.  If you are not the addressee or authorized to
receive this for the addressee, you must not use, copy,
disclose or take any action based on this message or any
information herein.  If you have received this message in
error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail
and delete this message.  Thank you for your cooperation.