[Zope] zope form server and workflow

Jonathan dev101 at magma.ca
Wed Feb 7 07:44:05 EST 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tim Nash" <thedagdae at gmail.com>
To: <zope at zope.org>
Sent: Tuesday, February 06, 2007 10:13 PM
Subject: [Zope] zope form server and workflow

> I'd like to get zope developers advice. I'm interested in the
> possibility of developing a system by putting together several zope
> instance that talk to each other via web services. I'd like to use
> zope as a RESTful server but I am novice zope user. I have only built
> one product and that was over a year ago.
>
> What I would like to do is the following:
>
> I'd like to be able to use zope as a url addressed storage system for
> e-forms. These are forms like you would find in a hospital clinic.
> There would be a gui interface that would be separate from the zope
> server (maybe it would also run in a different zope server but it
> could also be built in php or jsp).

This sounds like a very straight-forward application that could easily be
implemented in zope.  If you want a relational db for storage, there are
several, i personally like mysql as the ZSQLDA interface does everything I
need.  You could use ReportLab to dynamically generate pdf docs if you need
them.  You can google for "zope xml-rpc" if you want to use that approach.

hth

Jonathan