[Zope] Zope hangs and Python eats all memory

Peter Bengtsson peter at fry-it.com
Fri Feb 9 06:54:20 EST 2007

Hi Nico,
I've also struggled with Easysoft's OOB (Odbc-Odbc Bridge) and with dire
results. The main problem we had wasn't seg faults but that it got hung
up and stopped responding probably due to abandonned closed connection
sockets.
On a completely different customer I managed to get a Zope 2.8.8
recently working with egenix mxODBC Zope DA to a MS SQL Server using
FreeTDS and that worked a lot better. I was happy to this time avoid the
extra headache of Easysoft OOB.
NB! I couldn't get it to work with iODBC. It only worked with unixODBC.

On another project where we used Easysoft I did some rough profiling on
the speed difference between unixODBC and iODBC and found no distinct
difference so if you, like me, can only get unixODBC to talk to FreeTDS
then don't worry about iODBC.

Peter Bengtsson,
work www.fry-it.com
home www.peterbe.com