[Zope] Re: problem with input elements and unicode/utf-8

Andreas Jung lists at zopyx.com
Mon Feb 19 12:35:24 EST 2007

--On 18. Februar 2007 16:29:43 -0500 Jostein Leira
<jostein.leira at snapper.no> wrote:

> Have set sys.setdefaultencoding('utf-8') in
> /usr/local/lib/python2.4/site.py.
> Have set management_page_charset='utf-8' as property of / in ZMI.
> Have set default-zpublisher-encoding utf-8 in etc/zope.conf.

Changing the default encoding is *not* the solution.

Did you read this carefully?

<http://www.zope.org/Products/Zope/2.10.2/Zope-2.10.2_released>

> After the comments in the Collector above I'm wondering what to do if I
> should not set the sys.setdefaultencoding()? Not changing the default
> encoding I always get a decode error when trying to save a page template
> with non-ascii characters.

I would really love to see a *clear* and *detailed* description how this
issue can be reproduced with a bare Zope installation in order to fix
the issues (if there is one).

-aj