[Zope] saving/creating an object to an exsisting folderish object

Allen Huang swapp0 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 6 09:17:40 EST 2007

This is a problem a got a lot and I never able to seem to solve it.
I want save or create a object to a specific folder or other folderish object,
        I ask the user for the id of that folder or folderish object
                I store the id name in a variable 'name'

the problem is I know the type of the folder or folderish object but 'name' is a str object and I can't use command like name.manage_addFile().
The server just tells me that name is a str which contains no function manage_addFile().

I always end up doing a
<dtml-in "objectValues(['Folder'])">
    <dtml-if "getId() == name">
        do something....
    </dtml-if>
</dtml-in>

this is very ineffecient when you have a lot of data. Is there a ways I could do something like "getFolder( name ).doSomething()". Is there anything like that in dtml?

http://mail.yahoo.com