[Zope] Limit size download file in Zope wih LocalFS

Alan alanwilter at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 10:48:30 EST 2007

Thanks Dieter,

We use Plone 2.1.2, Zope (Zope 2.8.5-final, python 2.3.5, sunos5),
Python 2.3.5 (#1, Feb 14 2006, 10:51:41) with

LocalFS-1.7rc1-andreas.tar.gz modified
(#from OFS.content_types import find_binary
  from zope.app.content_types import find_binary)

It was working before we switched to apache. So I took a look at
LocalFS code and then I commented out line 66 (#
ITERATORS_PRESENT=1) forcing LocalFS to work without module
StreamingFile (from LocalFS). And Hallelujah! it solved our problem.

However, why Zope is not able to cope with "filestream_iterator"
anymore? What happened here since we only switched zope to apache? And
what we are loosing since I am not using filestream_iterator anymore?
A sort of performance?

Anyway, is there any new version of LocalFS to be downloaded?

Many thanks to you all guys.
Cheers,
Alan

--
Alan Wilter S. da Silva, D.Sc. - CCPN Research Associate
Department of Biochemistry, University of Cambridge.