[Zope] External Method and XML-PRC (Maybe a bug)

Phani Kumar Arava arava at cse.ohio-state.edu
Tue Jan 9 20:20:54 EST 2007

Hi,
Iam trying to use Zope as an App server (basically to provide an XML-RPC
interface) for a certain application .

I have a function called addFile in the External Method.

def ext_addfile(self):
        ob=self.Files
        ob.manage_addFile("hello","hello")

I created an external method call ext_addFile()

Now I write my client using xml-rpc lib

s=xmlrpclib.Server("<hostname>")
s.ext_addFile()

And this adds a file to my directory. This freaked me out. Because i was
anonymous user and this shdnt happen. The next thing i did was create a
python script of the same structure and called it addFile()

ob=context.Files
ob.manage_addFile("hello","hello")

Now I run my  client xml-rpc program
s=xmlrpclib.Server("<hostname>")
s.addFile()

and its fiving me unauthorized as expected.

So basically i dont know why is this happening. Is this due to some
permission problems i have on the directory or External Methods, or
something which iam totally missing.

--
Phani Kumar Arava
Grad Student                                             1560 Worthington

Contact: (614)-286-2618