[Zope] ZSQL Methods and transaction control

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Wed Jan 10 16:45:51 EST 2007

robert rottermann wrote at 2007-1-10 09:00 +0100:
>I am implementing a tool to handle userdata that is stored in a MySQL db.
>The underlaying logic of the stored procedures used to maintain the db
>content
>dictate that I have to control the transactions myself.

If you know what you do, then you can probably do something along the
following lines.

  Almost surely, MySQL will provide some SQL command to control
  transaction. Maybe, they are called "commit" and "rollback" (as
  is the case for Postgres).

  In this case, you ZSQL method (or your stored procedure) can use it.

  In the ZSQL method, it could look like:

     --- some SQL ---
     <dtml-var sql_delimiter>
     commit