[Zope] pool_size

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Tue Jan 16 13:59:06 EST 2007

Brian Sullivan wrote at 2007-1-15 11:27 -0500:
>I am having a problem with zope 2.9.4 occasionally pegging the CPU and
>thereafter being unusable -- there are some indications in the event
>log that this is related to "pool_size" being too small.

Under under very special cases should a too small "pool_size"
be responsible for unusablility of Zope. Such cases are e.g.
when your requests call back to Zope (e.g. you have recursive request
processing).

In modern Zope versions, this is even less likely, as "pool_size" is
used only as a hint and the ZODB is ready to create connections beyond
the "pool_size" limit (issuing warnings however).

Try Florent's "DeadlockDebugger" to determine what you "unuable"
Zope is doing. It may tell you where Zope hangs.

--
Dieter