[Zope] unicoderror

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Wed Jan 17 17:24:11 EST 2007

Einar Næss Jensen wrote at 2007-1-17 11:03 +0100:
>zope 2.10.2b1
>
>I get some unicoderrors with the product IssueDealer
>does the traceback indicate that there is something wrong with zope or is it
>the product?
>
>Traceback (innermost last):
>  Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 754, in do_insertStructure_tal
>UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xe6 in position
>38: ordinal not in range(128)

The traceback only shows that the problem is with some
"tal:{content|replace}='structure'". There some unicode and non unicode
is mixed together and the non unicode cannot be converted to
unicode with the default encoding.

*If* you have something like a standard site encoding (i.e. almost
all your non-unicode texts use the same encoding), then you could
change Python's default encoding to your site encoding and thereby
reduce the number of "UnicodeError"s.

--
Dieter