[Zope] How to get modules that are called by external methods reloaded?

Gaute Amundsen gaute at div.org
Fri Jan 19 18:15:26 EST 2007

On Friday 19 January 2007 19:51, Andreas Jung wrote:
> --On 19. Januar 2007 10:36:04 +0100 Gaute Amundsen <gaute at div.org> wrote:
> > Subject says it sall.
> > Only way I have found so far is to restart zope, and on a production
> > server,  that is not very popular. Takes about 10 minutes on ours..
>
> 10 minutes is too long. Even Plone starts on modern hardware in about 30
> seconds. Are you using persistent ZEO client caches are checked against the
> ZEO server during the startup phase?
>
> -aj

Hm...
We are using the setup right "out of the box" + apache, with Varnish in front
of the most heavily loaded sites.

Right now (~24:00), it restarted in about aminute actually, but
considering that our DB size is 7030.2M and it contains about 70 virtual
hosts, does 10 minutes still seem to long when under heavy load?

Gaute