[Zope] Key Error in Catalog Reindex

KJZZ Webmaster kjzz.webmaster at riomail.maricopa.edu
Tue Jan 23 12:13:44 EST 2007

Dieter,

I restarted zope in debug mode last night and recorded the following error:

2007-01-23T06:56:18 ERROR Zope.SiteErrorLog http://someurl/someobject/somedtmlmethod
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "X:\SomePath\Zope-2.8.1-final\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py", line
113, in publish
    request, bind=1)
  File "X:\SomePath\Zope-2.8.1-final\lib\python\ZPublisher\mapply.py", line
88, in mapply
    if debug is not None: return debug(object,args,context)
  File "X:\SomePath\Zope-2.8.1-final\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py", line
40, in call_object
    result=apply(object,args) # Type s<cr> to step into published object.
  File "X:\SomePath\Zope-2.8.1-final\lib\python\OFS\DTMLMethod.py", line
153, in __call__
    del self.__dict__['validate']
KeyError: 'validate'

Does this get us any closer to understanding the problem, or should we take
another approach?

I know Andreas suggested re-writing the dtml method:

<dtml-let URL1=HTTP_REFERER>
<dtml-call "Catalog.manage_catalogReindex(REQUEST, RESPONSE, URL1)">
<dtml-call expr="RESPONSE.redirect(URL1)">
</dtml-let>

as a python script, then checking for errors.  I will look into rewriting
this code today.  Do you have any additional suggestions?