[Zope] zope/zeo on multiprocessor machines?

cristopher pierson ewing cewing at u.washington.edu
Tue Jan 23 12:24:56 EST 2007

I've been told that zope is not set up to utilize the extra processing
power of multiproc machines.  I have a new intel x-serve with the
dual-core dual-proc setup, and want to get the most I can out of zope.
I've read a few articles that mention running more than one zope process
as zeo clients sharing a single ZODB.  What isn't mentioned is any
additional seetup needed to ensure that each zeo client uses a separate
processor.  Is there any?  Or is this automagically handled?

Thanks in advance for any answers,

Cris