[Zope] zope replication

Doyon, Jean-Francois jdoyon at NRCan.gc.ca
Mon Jan 29 12:59:12 EST 2007

I use ZRS ... I can't report much since it seems to have worked fairly
transparently so far (A good thing!).

1 Master + 1 Slave ... When one of the boxes goes down for a
reboot/maintenance, service is uninterrupted, since it supports a 99%
read web site, I haven't had to work too hard on read/write performance
optimization ...

We also use a combination of heartbeat + drbd (http://www.drbd.org/) for
some filesystem based replication ... Our PostgreSQL server is made
highly available that way.  In retrospect, I could possibly make the ZEO
server highly available that way I think ...

I can't say much about the drbd setup since I haven't worked on it.  Our
corporate IT team takes care of that for me.  I take care of our ZRS
setup however.

J.F.

-----Original Message-----
From: zope-bounces at zope.org [mailto:zope-bounces at zope.org] On Behalf Of
patrimith
Sent: January 29, 2007 12:18 PM
To: zope at zope.org
Subject: [Zope] zope replication

Has anybody out there had any experience replicating (for the purpose of
failover) zope databases, using Zope Replication Services or anything
else?
Is anyone familiar with the heartbeat, fake or ultramonkey tools? I'm
just starting to look at these now and wanted to see what the experience
of others was. I assume this is fairly common with Zope and Plone
installations.

Thanks,
Patrick Smith (posting for Brett Kennedy) http://www.caseware.com

Zope maillist  -  Zope at zope.org