[Zope] does fsdump dump content objects to the file system?

michael nt milne michael.milne at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 05:59:20 EDT 2007

Hi

We have a requirement to export the content objects of a large plone based
intranet site out to a windows filesystem. This would be carried out on a
once a week basis in addition to daily back up of the ZODB. Management need
to know that all their digital assets are available from outside the ZODB
incase of disaster or for any future migration purposes (Hopefully not
required!)

I got a tip off about Tres Seaver's fsdump product and have been trying it
out on Plone 2.5.3 and Zope 2.9.7

Followed all the readmes and instructions. Created a dumper object and
performed a site dump.

I'm only getting .metadata and reference_catalog.catalog, uid_catalog etc
files coming out. The site has published folders and files/images etc.

I've tried creating a /home folder with only images and files underneath
that and a dump only results in .metadata from there.

Had a look at the code and it looks like it is set-up to dump folders and
files/images etc.

Probably missing something. Any comment appreciated.

Thanks

--
michael