[Zope] Problem w/ ZMySQLDA

Tino Wildenhain tino at wildenhain.de
Wed Jul 18 16:03:35 EDT 2007

tonylabarbara at aol.com wrote:
> Forgive my ignorance, but not quite sure how to do that. Nonetheless...
> 1) There was no problem with any of this on the old server until the
> server crashed.
> 2) My backups were taken from a time when the old server was was working
> fine.

Did you ever check these backups? We are talking mySQL here which has
a lot of nasty bugs regarding reliability.

> 3) This problem occurs with *all* my shopping carts, not just this one.
> Consequently, I have a hard time believing this is a code error. There
> *must* be something more fundamental at play here.

 From what you wrote further down it looks like a threading issue with
the mysqlda. You would have to write a test case to isolate it.
Easiest if you set thread number in zope to 1 and test. This should
work similar to single threaded application.

Regards
Tino