[Zope] Quesiton about retrieving the base object

Andreas Jung lists at zopyx.com
Sun Jul 22 02:11:18 EDT 2007

--On 21. Juli 2007 21:21:58 -0700 Alric Aneron <aluminum3458 at yahoo.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
> I have a custom product that has a ZFile as its base class.

What is ZFile?

 I tried
> importing the file on the upgraded platform, but I got the "Operation not
> supported" error.

As already mentioned at least twice a week: export/import only works
between _identical_ setups.

> I have a ton of these objects that show up as
> "broken".

Likely because of some incompatibilities?!

> Question: I still have my old Zope server running, is it
> possible to extract the files as regular Zope Files so I can transfer
> them over?

You ensure that your source and destination instances are identical or
you write some kind of migration script. Since you have a custom
implementaiton it is basically you who needs how to upgrade such
objects (we know nothing about your custom implementation) unless
you provide further details.

-aj