[Zope] IndexError

Jonathan dev101 at magma.ca
Tue Jul 24 08:07:55 EDT 2007

<snip>
----- Original Message -----
From: "kamal hamzat" <hamzat at dnetsystems.net>
To: <zope at zope.org>
Sent: Monday, July 23, 2007 10:54 PM
Subject: [Zope] IndexError

I am having IndexError in some of my folders when i tried to view the
content of Zcatalog created in these folders, but to my surprise this is not
happening in other folders with similar Zcatalog. I am also not experiencing
the same problem with objects of the old Zcatalog that I have catalog before
this error. In an attempt to correct this error, i had duplicated the old
Zcatalog and renamed it. But once i catalog the objects and try to view it,
it will show the IndexError again.

Traceback (innermost last):
  a.. Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 119, in publish
  b.. Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 88, in mapply
  c.. Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 42, in call_object
  d.. Module OFS.DTMLMethod, line 143, in __call__
  <DTMLMethod at /news/politics/test>
  Physical Path:/news/politics/test
  e.. Module DocumentTemplate.DT_String, line 476, in __call__
  f.. Module DocumentTemplate.DT_In, line 676, in renderwob
  g.. Module AccessControl.ImplPython, line 191, in guarded_getitem
  h.. Module AccessControl.ZopeGuards, line 67, in guarded_getitem
  i.. Module Products.ZCatalog.Lazy, line 162, in __getitem__
IndexError: 1
</snip>

This error occurs when the ZCatalog is trying to build a result set during a
catalog search and an item in the catalog index cannot be added to the
result set.  You may have a 'broken' object which was included in the
catalog/index when you built (reindexed) the catalog (which may explain why
your working/renamed catalog also failed).

Try looking at the objects you are adding to the catalog and see if any of
them are invalid.  If you have a lot of items in the catalog you may have to
write a python script to add the objects to the catalog, one-at-a-time, and
test after the catalog after each object has been added in order to
determine which object is causing the problem.

hth

Jonathan