[Zope] RE: Zope 2.9 windows

Josef Albert Meile jmeile at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 7 17:21:40 EDT 2007

Hi Chris

>I have a customer that using windows xp, The zope server is giving the
>following error when starting up
>
>\zope\lib\python\Zserver\medusa\thread\select_trigger.py, line 133, in
>__init__
>a.listen(1)
>File "(string)", line 1, in listen socket.error: (10022, 'Invalid
>argument')
>
>Does anybyd have any idea what wrong?

It could be related to this problem:

* Possible windows+python bug
http://groups.google.ch/group/muc.lists.bugtraq/browse_thread/thread/5a605d82d30f6839/45646887b9817c61

They wrote there that this happened with C as well, so, it is not a bug.
I know the code posted there is not the same, but it could be a related
problem.

My best guest is that the problem is related to the Windows Firewall.
In mentioned thread, somebody suggested to deactivate it and see if
it works. You could also add an exception for the port that zope uses.

There are some other suggestions from which I'm not sure, for I
usally run zope under linux.

2) Try to run it in an account without admin privileges. I have tested
    zope with admin privileges under windows without any problem.

3) Disable raw sockets (This is written there, but I have no idea if
    this can help):
    Net stop SharedAccess

    Then start zope and restart the SharedAccess service

Regards
Josef