[Zope] where does ZOPE store users created objects

Thomas Bennett bennetttm at appstate.edu
Mon Jun 11 09:56:17 EDT 2007

This might help a little, not sure.  Have you ever gone into
ZMI->Control_Panel->Database Management and packed the database?

Thomas

On Sunday 10 June 2007 02:28, kamal hamzat wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Please i want to know the physical path on my Zope installation where Zope
> stored the objects (such as dtml methods and documents) created by the
> users. When i searched for the .dtml extension on my computer, I could not
> see anyone created by me or other users from the list of objects returned.
>
> My plan is to have two zope installaions running, i want the first zope
> installation to hold current information (bcos the data.fs is becoming too
> big, it is slowing down the site whereas majority of my users are
> interested in the current info while few will want to access the old info)
> and later run a python code that will cut and paste the old information
> into the second zope installation as soon as I have new ones.
>
> thanks

Thomas McMillan Grant Bennett		Appalachian State University
Operations & Systems Analyst		P O Box 32026
University Library				Boone, North Carolina 28608
(828) 262 6587

They say a picture is worth a thousand words.  As videos could be 25 pictures
per second and might last several minutes, how many words is that?
- Linux Journal, July 2007

Library Systems Help Desk: http://www.library.appstate.edu/help/