[Zope] a warning message before performing an action

Maciej Wisniowski maciej.wisniowski at coig.katowice.pl
Thu Jun 14 12:29:20 EDT 2007

> I have a web page with some buttons (<form action=...) to perform some
> action (by calling a python script). However, some actions (like
> 'delete' a picture for example) I would like to warn user before
> performing it. I recall from php how to pop up a window (or a drop
> down in Mac OSX) with a warning message prompting a 'Yes' or 'No'
> confirmation and I was wondering how would I do it with Zope, with an
> example if possible.
If you've opened pop up window "with php" then in fact it had to be
JavaScript. Possibly you're looking form something like:

if (confirm("Do you really want to remove this picture"))
    return true
return false

which may be used with onsubmit event of form object. Of course
this is javascript code not python.

--
Maciej Wisniowski