[Zope] Auto Cataloging my ZCatalog

Jonathan dev101 at magma.ca
Mon Jun 18 07:31:55 EDT 2007

You should read the ZopeBook chapters on scripting:
http://plope.com/Books/2_7Edition/view

If you can make do with existing Zope object types (eg. DTML Documents, etc)
then you can develop your application without having to create your own Zope
Product, which means that DTML, ZPT and scripts will give you everything you
need.

If you have to define your own object types (classes) then you will need to
create your own Zope Product. Here are some links to product examples:

http://www.zope.org/Members/gtk/Boring
http://www.devshed.com/c/a/Zope/Creating-Zope-Products/

There is another way to create Zope classes called ZClasses (they are
mentioned in the ZopeBook), but I would not recommend using them for a
long-term applications as they are officially deprecated as of Zope 2.10.
However, for 'quick & dirty' prototyping or for applications that have a
limited lifetime they may be useful.

hth

Jonathan

http://www.zope.org/Members/gtk/Boring