[Zope] Auto Cataloging my ZCatalog

Joerg Baach lists at baach.de
Tue Jun 19 05:54:27 EDT 2007

Hi Kamal,

> I have a ZCatalog that my users use to catalog there news articles which
> are (DTML Documents). I have already explained it to them to always
> input the id for the new DTML Documents under "with ids" section on the
> Find Objects tab on the ZMI to catalog new articles. But most time they
> will not and they end up cataloging the entire articles which runs to
> 13,000 records.

I am a big fan of PropertyTools and Abracadabra, to be found on

http://iungo.org/products

PropertyTool allows you to define Objects (e.g. Text documents) that are
catalog-aware, e.g. index themselfes, without doing any coding.

Your users would then copy such template objects into the folders where
the content is to be stored. Abracadabra helps a lot with this 'copy and
paste' machinery.

Cheers,

  Joerg