[Zope] Error starting zope - undefined symbol:PyUnicodeUCS2_AsEncodedString

John Schinnerer john at eco-living.net
Thu Jun 21 15:10:17 EDT 2007

Jürgen Herrmann wrote:

> On Thu, June 21, 2007 11:02, John Schinnerer wrote:
>>
>> John Schinnerer wrote:

> Possibly you're installing Zope over an existing Zope installation with possibly old
> zopectl/runzope files inside the 'bin' folder
> bin/zopectl|runzope files.
>>> Thanks again - the above is what I thought I did (matching the --prefix and the --with-python)
> - however somewhere I blew it somehow as the control files point to the wrong python.
>>> I'll try again and hopefully get it right. Thanks for the extra assist.
>> Well, I'm not crazy. I just rebuilt it all and triple checked that I gave the matching
> --with-python when configuring the zope build. I did. And, it did not get used...the zopectl and
> runzope files were created with the default path (to the wrong python) anyhow!
>
> did you really delete the existing files in your bin folder before installing zope again? these
> files are NOT recreated!

Yes. I deleted all files and directories created when building python
2.3 and zope 2.8.8 the first time and started over.

And when startup of zope failed with the same error I checked the
control files again and they had the default python path and not the one
I specified with --with-python in the configure.

cheers,
John S.

--
John Schinnerer, MA WSD