[Zope] Auto Cataloging my ZCatalog

kamal hamzat hamzat at dnetsystems.net
Thu Jun 21 19:38:17 EDT 2007

Hi Joerg,

Thank you for the tips to install Abracadabra. I have also installed
PropertyTools.
I tried to follow the tutorial to in the read me file "building
contact-database" for PropertyTools.

a.. Create a folder called contacts.
a.. Create a "standard_object_folder" in contacts.
a.. Enter the "standard_object_folder", add a PropertyTools-Object and edit
the property-sheet. Add new properties "email", "homepage" and "phone" as
string-types.
a.. Go to the Manage-Tab: Set Object-Type = Contact, Unlock "Extensible
Properties".
a.. Enter your contacts folder.
a.. Create a Catalog with id=Catalog.
a.. Add some contacts with the AbracadabraObject.

At this point i was expecting that the contacts i added to auto catalog. But
nothing like that happened.

Is there something i was missing out.

What i want is this:

I have 2 Zcatalogs current_catalog and archive _catalog.
I use current_catalog to store only current articles. What I do everyday is
to create the articles (DTML Doc), clear the current_catalog and catalog the
new artcles using the article_id. My problem here is that even if I am
succeeded in making the articles to auto catalog, how do i handle the issue
of clearing the catalog before cataloging the new ones. I have about 13,000
articles in one of the sections and this is reason behind having 2
Zcatalogs. The site displays the current articles to visitors therefore i
have to streamline the number of records in the current_catalog.

Having it in mind that just few visitors want to view the old or previous
artcles, the archive_catalog is use to serve it.

I will appreciate any assistance you could render to me.

thanks