[Zope] Several questions on Z3 Views backported thru Five

Manuel Vázquez Acosta mva.led at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 10:16:57 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I've been asked to deploy a Plone App which must satisfy a load of at least 1200
users over 8 min.

I have tested a fresh Plone 2.5.3 with Zope 2.9.7, plus Squid + CacheFu and
everything went just fine. The laptop didn't even notice such a load.

But, when I installed the Plone App, even much smaller load didn't pass the test.

Thus, I have to dig into the source code of the app to find the source of the
problems. I have found that the app uses Z3 concepts, specially Views. This
question poped into my mind:

1. Does Zope2+Five creates Views everytime they are used, and discard them
afterwards?

If this is the case, then maybe I should code a ViewFactory which caches
frequently used views. This may help.

Best regards,
Manuel.