[Zope] repeating folder in url

Thomas Bennett bennetttm at appstate.edu
Mon Mar 5 14:33:09 EST 2007

I know this has been addressed before but after searching the WEB half a day
Friday I only found one related item although not directly related to my
situation and it said search the archives.

Zope Version
 	(Zope 2.6.1 (binary release, python 2.1, linux2-x86), python 2.1.3, linux2)
Python Version
 	2.1.3 (#1, Sep 19 2002, 13:15:46) [GCC egcs-2.91.66 19990314/Linux
                 (egcs-1.1.2 release)]
System Platform
 	linux2

(I am moving everything to a new server and upgrading all software this week)

Situation:

These URLs all show the same content although there is only one dir1 folder:

/dir1/
/dir1/dir1/
/dir1/dir1/dir1/

My thoughts have been its related UnrestrictedTraversal, acquisition, or
something else but not sure where to change or if it can be changed?
I've seen this before but it has pretty much been a non issue but now the
campus is setting up a Google Search Appliance and the indexing mechanism
seems to be attempting to traverse this pattern into infinite recursion.

Since beginning this email I have found a contributing issue:
In a directory say /dir1/dir2/dir3 a page in dir3 has a relative link
to ../dir2.  This may be the issue totally but is there an easy way to
prevent this from performing as Zope allows it to, aside from horse whipping
the person that created that page.

Thanks,

Thomas

Thomas McMillan Grant Bennett		Appalachian State University
Computer Consultant III			P O Box 32026
University Library				Boone, North Carolina 28608
(828) 262 6587

If it's not as simple as possible to try it, then the barrier to entry is too
high.

Library Systems Help Desk: http://www.library.appstate.edu/help/