[Zope] repeating folder in url

Edward Pollard edward.pollard at uleth.ca
Mon Mar 5 16:07:35 EST 2007

On 5-Mar-07, at 11:58 AM, Andreas Jung wrote:

>> These URLs all show the same content although there is only one dir1
>> folder:
>>
>> /dir1/
>> /dir1/dir1/
>> /dir1/dir1/dir1/
>
> The behavior is correct.

Absolutely. But we've found (as I presume the original poster found)
that it can be problematic in certain cases. For us one of those
cases is where user generated content (and links) abound. Our users
can have problems with HTML even in a WYSIWYG editor, let alone
understanding Zopeisms like acquisition.

In such cases, I've made sure the template used to deliver this
content checks the requested URL against the absolute URL and
redirects (and then logs and emails) when such a indiscretion occurs.

Edward Pollard
Information Technology | WEB Team
University of Lethbridge.