[Zope] Download Large Files in Zope

Maciej Wisniowski maciej.wisniowski at coig.katowice.pl
Wed Mar 7 07:40:02 EST 2007

> I don't understand your paste.
> I'll try to describe better my situation
>
> - server A with Apache(80) and a rewrite rule to Zope(8080)
> - server B with a shared folder "storage" - *without any webserver*
> - server C with MS SQL Server - *without any webserver* - connected
> with ZODBC
> - firewall that send any incoming connection for www.mydomain.it to
> server A when protocol is http or https
> - in every server is active a ZOPEUSER (local administrator) with the
> same password.
>
> An incoming request to download will cause:
> - server A ask server C for filename
> - server A ask server B for file (using LocalFS object that stay in
> ZODB linked to server B's shared folder)
>
> I really can't understand how implement the same process using Apache
> for file storage.
Please stay on zope list too!

I've never used tramline, but after reading
short description on their page seems that you'll have simpler
configuration:
 - server A with Apache(and tramline) and a rewrite rule to Zope(8080)
 - server C with MS SQL Server - *without any webserver* - connected
with ZODBC
 - firewall that send any incoming connection for www.mydomain.it to
server A when protocol is http or https

In general seems that instead of real, large files, app server receives
only small
files that contain only unique identifiers of these real ones. Real
files are handled
by tramline and stored in specific filesystem folders.

When someone requests a file for download, application server sets
special header that
contains unique file identifier and this causes that tramline will
return real, big file to the
browser.

Upload similarly uses headers to allow or disallow uploading.

--
Maciej Wisniowski