[Zope] External Methods and Authentication error

Sascha Welter zopelist at betabug.ch
Thu Mar 8 14:01:17 EST 2007

(Thu, Mar 08, 2007 at 09:27:50AM -0500) Jonathan wrote/schrieb/egrapse:
> I have an external method that contains:
>
>         threadFolder = self.unrestrictedTraverse(topFolder + forumId + '/' +
> threadId, None)
>         threadFolder.manage_changeProperties({'viewCount':
> threadFolder.viewCount+1})

Jonathan,

regardless of your error, I hope you understand that it looks like
you are trying to do something slightly foolish here. Incrementing a
property counter with every page view on an object in the ZODB will
get the size of your Data.fs file up much, much faster than normally
expected. Also you might get a lot of conflict errors.

There is a "counter" product somewhere to be found (on zope.org IIRC)
that does this stuff in a much better way. The proper way is of course
to use the information in apache log files.

Regards,

Sascha