[Zope] SQL Server Network Error

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Sat Mar 10 02:41:24 EST 2007

David VanKirk wrote at 2007-3-8 10:08 -0500:
>I have Zope and SQL Server setup on the same machine, with no firewall
>running on that PC, so there is no firewall between the two.
>Occasionally I will get the following error, upon refreshing the page
>the error disappears.
>
>Error Type: ReplayTransaction
>Error Value: OperationalError on : ('08S01', 11, '[Microsoft][ODBC SQL
>Server Driver][Shared Memory]General network error. Check your network
>documentation.', 6108)

Your "ODBC SQL Server Driver" tells you about a "General network error".

I fear the Zope community will be unable to help you understand
this error message.

I see two possibilities:

  1.  the message from your "ODBC SQL Server Driver" is wrong.

      In this case, you need an expert for this driver (maybe,
      the support from the respective company)

  2.  the message is right. Then you need a network expert,
      that can (locally!) analyse your network to understand
      what happens.

--
Dieter