[Zope] How do people work with html-designers?

Doyon, Jean-Francois jdoyon at NRCan.gc.ca
Fri Mar 16 08:03:34 EDT 2007

We use the design first approach, which has worked extremely well with
us.

We have an extensive UI development process for the web, which is itself
iterative, includes user feedback and testing and so on.  Experience has
show us on many occasions that developpers/programmers should NOT design
ANYTHING (graphical)! ;)

The only thing the designer needs to understand is the concepts (like
iterations within templates and so on).  He need not know any code, just
what is possible with automation.  When in doubt consult with the
developper(s).

Otherwise, the user is (mostly) king, and giving them the UI's they
want, can use, and makes them achieve their goals, is the primary
concern.  Google "User Centered Design"!

J.F.