[Zope] CorpCalendar 1.4 and 1.7 issues

Thomas Bennett bennetttm at appstate.edu
Thu Mar 22 15:24:28 EDT 2007

Thanks,  that even now lets me edit and also add to the CorpCalendars I
exported from the older Zope and CC product.

Now I just need to look at the Zope Book to see what the changes to the
security declarations are so the lines below will quit showing up in my
event.log.

In the meantime I'm going to look into other calendars that have additional
features.

Thomas

------
2007-03-22T14:10:44 WARNING Init Class
Products.CorpCalendar.CorpCalendar.CorpCalendar has a security declaration
for nonexistent method 'addEvent'
------
2007-03-22T14:10:44 WARNING Init Class
Products.CorpCalendar.CorpCalendar.CorpCalendar has a security declaration
for nonexistent method 'index_html'
------
2007-03-22T14:10:44 WARNING Init Class
Products.CorpCalendar.CorpCalendar.CorpCalendar has a security declaration
for nonexistent method 'standard_html_footer'
------
2007-03-22T14:10:44 WARNING Init Class
Products.CorpCalendar.CorpCalendar.CorpCalendar has a security declaration
for nonexistent method 'styles.css'
------
2007-03-22T14:10:44 WARNING Init Class
Products.CorpCalendar.CorpCalendar.CorpCalendar has a security declaration
for nonexistent method 'standard_html_header'
------
2007-03-22T14:10:44 WARNING Init Class
Products.CorpCalendar.CorpCalendar.CorpEvent has a security declaration for
nonexistent method 'edit'
------
2007-03-22T14:10:44 WARNING Init Class
Products.CorpCalendar.CorpCalendar.CorpEvent has a security declaration for
nonexistent method 'move'
------
2007-03-22T14:10:44 WARNING Init Class
Products.CorpCalendar.CorpCalendar.CorpEvent has a security declaration for
nonexistent method 'delete'
------

On Thursday 22 March 2007 13:26, Andreas Jung wrote:
> --On 22. März 2007 14:09:00 -0400 Thomas Bennett <bennetttm at appstate.edu>
>
> wrote:
> > Long story short:
> >
> > Is it appropriate to change
> >   self.REQUEST.AUTHENTICATED_USER.name
> >   self.REQUEST.REMOTE_USER
> > ?
>
> Using AUTHENTICATED_USER isn't recommended (since ages). You should always
> use the SecurityManager API:
>
> from AccessControl import getSecurityManager
>
> user = getSecurityManager().getUser()
> username = user.getUserName()
>
> Changing request parameters as a workaround for stinking code is
> unlikely a good choice. Better fix the related code instead of messing
> up the REQUEST.
>
> -aj

Thomas McMillan Grant Bennett		Appalachian State University
Computer Consultant III			P O Box 32026
University Library				Boone, North Carolina 28608
(828) 262 6587

If it's not as simple as possible to try it, then the barrier to entry is too
high.

Library Systems Help Desk: http://www.library.appstate.edu/help/