[Zope] How can I reset zope time???

flem flem at bjerke.dk
Fri Mar 23 11:09:15 EDT 2007

On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 14:04:51 +0100
Jens Vagelpohl <jens at dataflake.org> wrote:

> On 23 Mar 2007, at 12:20, flem wrote:
> > I am a bit confused. My zopeserver runs fine, and all undos have
> > been erased. What I want is to be able to create an object in the
> > zmi which has the correct creation date (e.g. 23rd March 12.20 pm)
> > in the zmi (and the undo history as well). Is this simply
> > impossible because the timestamp in the zodb is always
> > automatically adjusted to the latest date associated to the objects
> > already created (i.e. 12th December 2007)?
>
> You hit the nail on the head. The ZODB timestamp is adjusted whenever
> the ZODB record for an object is changed and the application code has
> _no_ control over it. Such change could be effected by a content
> author editing the object, or by an import, or by an undo operation.

I think this kind af date-deadlock is a vulnerability of the zope architecture. Is it the same thing with zope3? Isn't it an unnecessary vulnerability that an open zwiki comments field - or any other object making act open to the public where the anyone can set the date - can corrupt the time system irrepairbly.

Shouldn't there be some solutions:

1. A script could reset all relevant dates and the timestamp i the zodb.

2. The zope code should be changed so that the timestamp depended directly on the pc-clock notwithstanding the dates of the objects thus allowing for going backward in time.

Flemming