[Zope] Problem with __before_publishing_traverse__

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Thu Mar 29 16:02:03 EDT 2007

Peter Bengtsson wrote at 2007-3-28 10:40 +0100:
>Removing the CookieCrumbler object obviously isn't a good enough
>solution because we need it for pretty logins. At the moment I don't
>understand how CookieCrumbler could have anything to do with it. It's
>stuff it does surrounding the REQUEST looks sane and I don't understand
>how it could effect my application.

A "CookieCumbler" is setting up itself as a (one of the)
"__before_publishing_traverse__" hook of its container.
Thus, it may cause problems from a __before_publishing_traverse__" call.

As you found out, it does not do so normally. Special (and rare) circumstances
are necessary.

It may be enough to recreate the "CookieCrumbler" instance.

--
Dieter